Location: Frisco, TX
be there… Nobody goes on a private jet simply to go on a private jet. It’s not for the leather seats, trendy (or dated) wood veneer, overpriced catering, or six-figure bills. They go to be there… the meeting, the vacation, the home, the people, the family, whatever and wherever there is. With Four Corners Aviation, they can just be there.
At Four Corners Aviation, we believe in making great hiring decisions. We continue to transform and grow. Some of the ways we accomplish this is by providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for dedicated individuals to work hard, appreciate and live the company’s core values and have fun! This is all part of our core culture to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and create Raving Fans.
The Vice President, Flight Coordination is responsible for the scheduling of all aircraft and crews under Four Corners Aviation’s (FCA) management as part of the Aircraft Management and Freedom programs. This position reports directly to the EVP, Business Services Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure aircraft and crews are scheduled in a manner that complies with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Four Corners contractual obligations, and the policies contained in the General Operations Manual and FAA Operations Specifications.
- Awareness of Dispatch department’s operating procedures and policies and develop Flight Coordination procedures to ensure a smooth and efficient working relationship between departments.
- Oversee Flight Coordination department at the Dallas headquarters, Omaha Base, and remote offices.
- Supervise the Flight Coordination staff.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Charter Sales and the Charter Sales department to ensure seamless, world-class service for aircraft management and Freedom clients with their charter needs. This includes, but is not limited to, creating and coordinating processes, procedures, education, and communication.
- Serve as liaison between the department and Accounting on owner statements and other matters.
- Develop and publish policies and procedures to control the scheduling processes, define the role of the participants, increase service to clients, and reduce errors.
- Implement organizational changes and business systems to enhance efficiency and make more effective use of available personnel.
- Arrange Flight Coordinator work schedules to improve client coverage and promote employee fairness and longevity.
- Review and document the job performance of all assigned personnel.
- Provide ongoing training to achieve a high level of technical competence in the assigned staff and maintain records of such training. Training should be standardized and available at all Flight Coordination Centers.
- Develop education and training programs for client representatives who interact with FCA Flight Coordinators. Such programs should be designed to facilitate the scheduling process and provide the client representative with a working knowledge of their role as part of the aircraft scheduling team.
- Be proficient in the use of FCA software applications for aircraft scheduling and be familiar with developments in aviation software products in general.
- Achieve a practical understanding of the FCA computer system so that its use in flight scheduling and communicating can be fully exploited.
- In conjunction with Dispatch, maintain a library of current reference material and aids used in scheduling FCA aircraft on both domestic and international trips.
- Evaluate and as a department select suppliers for preferred FBO, catering, and ground transportation providers.
- Support the Flight Coordination function at other FCA bases through the dissemination of technical knowledge, training, systems, and other resources in a manner that enhances the overall business objectives of FCA. Such activities shall be coordinated through and in concurrence with the local Client Aviation Officer or Base Manager.
- Perform regular client and crew surveys to measure the effectiveness of Flight Coordination policies and procedures.
- Participate in industry forums and programs of benefit to FCA.
- Able to manage and lead department and interact effectively as a team member and with all other corporate departments.
- Able to develop budget and manage team to meet budgetary objectives.
- Able to effectively communicate to and interact with executive level.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to the changing needs of the client.
- Skill in organizing and performing detail-oriented and timely duties and functions.
- Ability to easily multi-task, plan, prioritize, organize, and show initiative to accomplish job duties.
- Proficiency utilizing aircraft scheduling software and all required platforms.
- Knowledge of aircraft dispatch and trip planning, including knowledge of FAA regulations, various airport statistics, resources available for trip planning, vendors available for aircraft and trip support, and weather monitoring.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate FCA aircraft and flight crew standards and policy.
- Extremely skilled and knowledgeable of customer service techniques and ability to perform all job duties providing the highest level of service to both external and internal clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results driven and resourceful to facilitate problem resolution.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of FAR Part 91 and 135 regulations and company policies.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours as needed to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.